April 22, 2010

A WFO!!!

A Wonderful Finished Object, that is!!! 

I finished my Waterfall Socks tonight while watching The Blind Side with my hubby. 

I love love love them!!!

[caption id="attachment_702" align="alignnone" width="272" caption="My gorgeous Waterfall Socks"][/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_703" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="I was actually able to line up my stripes!"][/caption]

 

Project Details:

Pattern:  Basic top down sock pattern with Waterfall Rib by Charlene Schurch found in Sensational Knitted Socks.

Made for:  Me!

Needle size:  US 2 (2.75 mm)

Yarn:  JoAnn Sensations Soles and More

Started:  2/23/10

Finished:  4/22/10

This is the third pair of socks I've made, and I think I finally found my perfect recipe.  The first pair was too big, the second pair was slightly too small (but still wearable) and this, the third pair, is JUUUUUUST RIIIIIGHT!!!  They are snug enough but not too tight, and feel lovely on my tootsies! 

And from here on in, I'm going to do socks the same way I did these.  By sections, simultaneously.  It helps soooo much on that dreaded SSS.  (Second Sock Syndrome) 

Anywho, that's it for tonight.  I have to get up at the crack of dawn so I think I'm going to go read my Bible for a little while and fade into dreamland. 

Have a great night!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so incredibly impressed! I am thinking about maybe trying to take up knitting again so that I can make a baby blanket or something. I was never very good at it but it was a long time ago, so maybe if I start fresh? We'll see... If I totally suck at it I'm just out the cost of some needles and yarn, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job!!I love them! And really precise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks! Isn't it so satisfying to match up the stripes!
    I like the way you did the stitch pattern - far enough down the foot to go into the shoe, but not so far that you have all the bulk around your foot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!