August 5, 2010

One Year...

One year ago today, my husband was moving out and we were preparing to end our marriage.

One year ago today, my heart was shattering.

One year later, by the grace of God and hard work by us, our marriage is stronger than it's ever been. Because we didn't give up.

One year later we are packing up the house we used to call home and moving together to a new place, toward our future together.

The irony is not lost on me that this is occurring on the exact same weekend as our separation.

What a difference one year can make.

I thank God everyday for the man I am blessed to call my husband. My life. My love. My all. My home. I pray that I am able, for the rest of my days, to come home to you, and never give up.

7 comments:

  1. So much can happen in one year! I'm so happy that you two are together and happier than ever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Rebecca! You two have truly come full circle in this year. It's great to read about how God is working in your life and in your marriage! I'm excited to see what He has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A year certainly can make all the difference, eh? I am so very happy that you are marking this time with a positive outlook and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I'm really happy you two have been able to put it all back together. What a difference a year makes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference indeed! I'm so glad you were able to find your way back to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your marriage is so much stronger now! Kudos to you for not giving up on each other! That's awesome! Keep the faith and positive outlook for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful. Way to stick with it and not give up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!