September 18, 2010

Lame excuse for a post...

I'm still here.  It's been a rough couple of weeks for me, getting back into the swing of being on night shift, some issues I'm dealing with, and coming down with an early season cold and such.  But I'm here.  I'm sorry I haven't been commenting on your blogs, I've been reading and thinking about all of you, and keeping you all in my prayers.

I'm kind of at a loss for anything witty, insightful or inspiring to write about.  I'm just tapped out right now.

I did finally finish the gifts I was working on for my friend in PA.  Since I know she's already received them, I will post pics of them now.

[caption id="attachment_804" align="alignnone" width="225" caption="Log Cabin Baby Blanket"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_805" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Kimono style baby sweater"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_806" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Sweet baby gifts"][/caption]

I was really happy with the way they both turned out.  These patterns were "firsts" for me, I hadn't done them before, so it was nice to kind of stretch my legs a bit and venture out of the ordinary. 

I'm now knitting on another pair of socks for myself.  I love knitting socks, and this pair is turning out really nice so far.

[caption id="attachment_807" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Open Rib Socks"][/caption]

 

(My mom made the little blue bag so I can carry my sock knitting project with me.  And it comes in quite handy!) 

If you're curious about the patterns or more info about these knitting projects, you can click on my Ravelry button on the right sidebar and it will take you to my Ravelry page where you can see what I've been working on.  :)

I guess I'll sign off for now.  Sorry this was such a lame post, I just don't feel like saying much right now.  :(

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I just sent you a friend request on ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful!!! Glad you're enjoying Marty's tweets. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a lucky baby!

    I don't think I mentioned it the other night, but I really like those socks, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!