March 26, 2017

My Dad

May 12, 2015.

The day my world was forever changed.

That was the day my Dad was diagnosed with liver cancer.

Three months and fourteen days later, on August 26, 2015 at 3:50 p.m. my precious Daddy took his last breath and died.

I haven't been able to find a way to get myself to write about it until now, and even now it's hard to get the words from my heart and brain into the keyboard and onto the screen.

I talk about his death in person and on Facebook all the time. But to actually sit down and write about his diagnosis, illness, and death? For some reason it's been nearly impossible for me to make myself do that.

I recently started seeing a counselor to help me deal with my ongoing grief and some other issues. She suggested it might be time to start writing about Dad.

So here I am.

Starting small.

My Daddy died. 

Damn it how I miss him.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Rebecca, I am so sorry. :( I hope that writing about it is therapeutic for you; I certainly find it is for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!