November 16, 2010

The End

Well, I thought I'd share with my (few) readers that I have decided not to continue with NaBloPoMo.

I honestly don't see this as a failure, but rather a conscious decision I have made after a lot of thought.

I am not a prolific writer. My sister carries that honor in our family. I don't write in a beautiful, poetic, peace-bringing or humorous style. I don't have long insightful wisdom-filled posts. I stammer, stutter, and otherwise plod my way through posts filled with random snippets of my boring life. (It's really no wonder why I only have 10 followers!).

Forcing myself to write a post everyday has, I believe, caused me to lose focus and has taken away from the substance of my blog. My desire to blog within the constraints of this challenge has suffered. My posts have suffered, and I don't like that.

Granted, I probably could have prepared a little better, bit it was a spur of the moment decision to participate anyway. It is a decision I should have thought about for a while longer before committing to.

I want this blog to touch people, to inspire people, to entertain people, and give them some insight into the life of a hopelessly flawed servant of God muddling through life with some good friends and her sweet husband by her side.

I enjoy the community an interaction of my readers and all the people I've found through this blog. I don't want that to end. I hope I can continue to reach people through writing about my struggles with infertility, my hobbies and my journey through faith.

I'm not going anywhere...

I'm just not up to the task of forcing myself to come up with a post daily to meet a quota. To those of you who can, that's awesome and I commend you. I just know my own personal limits, and I've reached it.

Long story short...it's back to business as usual here at The Road. =)

6 comments:

  1. So understandable!! I recently did a meme where you posted on a specified topic every day for a month. Even though you had set topics & could do them in advance, I found it hard to keep up. My hat goes off to everyone who manages to do this! This month is so busy for me at work, I knew I could not do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our days are so full right now that it is okay that you aren't able to fully put your heart into it.

    I love reading your posts so keep them coming !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand...it's difficult when every post feels like it's taking a part of your soul. Just take care of yourself. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me as #13! I find you simply delightful!

    And dear one ... about your prayer request? You've been on my heart all weekend. Thank you for trusting me enough to share your prayer request.

    Press on, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 14.

    Just write when you feel led. Don't push yourself, because then it becomes a chore.

    Writing should be pleasurable, not painful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate Rebecca,

    I write in a journal fairly frequently, but I don't blog as often as I would like.

    I often wish I could be more prolific, but I don't always have the time right now.

    Every blogger's circumstances are different, and we need to just find what works for us by trial and error.

    Even if you only write twice a month just keep writing, especially if you enjoy it :)

    God bless,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!