November 15, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 15: Still chugging along...

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who has sent good thoughts and prayers for Matt's job interviews today. The first one didn't go as well as he had hoped; the pay was a LOT less than they originally told him, and he won't even know anything until the middle of FEBRUARY if he has been hired. Oy vey.

The second one went very well. They had him do a battery of tests and two oral interviews today. He aced them all. We are hoping and praying that this is the job he is offered. It is really good pay, great benefits (not that he needs the insurance, he's covered under mine for free), lots of vacation and paid holidays. It seems like a wonderful place to work. And the best thing about it is that we know several people who work there...one of them being his best friend's sister and the other being a close friend of mine. So, we're hoping with those "ins" and his test and interview scores he gets hired. He should know something one way or the other by the middle to end of next week.
Now we pray. Pray that he is offered the job. Pray that God's will be done through this process and His will for our family be fulfilled. It's been a struggle to believe that lately, to trust in the fact that if it is God's will it will be done. But we're trying. Baby steps, right?


I'm kind of at a loss on things to write about...I have some ideas floating around in my head but they will have to wait until I'm off later in the week so I can devote the time I'd like to in order to do them justice.


So tonight, I'll just leave you with a picture of my Granny's birthday-shawl-in-progress:


3 comments:

  1. Fingers & toes crossed for your husband!

    I LOVE the colour of blue of that shawl you are working on! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending up lots of prayers for your hubby to find the right job!

    And I love that shawl!!!! Beautiful. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you both, praying that the job comes through. My hubby was unemployed for 2 years early on in our marriage, I understand.

    Beautiful piece of work you are creating !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!