March 14, 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

Last year I signed up for Kristin's Reading Challenge.  I, being an avid reader and book lover, thought "Hm, no problem!  I read all the time!  I can do this!"  I set my sights on reading a conservative 36 books throughout the year.  I was surprised to find out when I counted them a while ago that I missed that mark terribly.  I only completed 13 books.  That's only 1/3 of my goal.  And it was, compared to the goals of the other challengers, a quite meager goal.

But...

I decided to give myself a break instead of downing myself.  Why?

Because along with those other 13 books, I also read over half of the Bible.  I'm still plodding along, I'm a little stuck right now in my Bible reading.  I'm working on it.  I also took the confirmation class for church which involved a pretty fair amount of reading in itself.

This year I'm aiming for 24 books, plus finishing the Bible cover-to-cover (I'm in Isaiah I believe right now), and reading 2 Lenten devotional/Bible Studies.

If you'd like to join in the 2011 Reading Challenge, head over to Kristin's and sign up!  For those of you wondering...yes, audio books count too!!!  So if you choose to listen instead of read, you can still participate!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!