I thought I'd take a break from the "serious" blogging for a while and share a fun Christmas-themed meme. Enjoy, and feel free to take for your own blog, if you do, link your post in the comments so I can see your answers as well!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? It honestly depends on the gift. Most of the time I prefer paper, but if it's an odd shaped gift or something squishy that won't hold a shape or anything, then I'll gift bag it.
2. Real tree or Artificial?. I'm an artificial gal, my hubby likes real ones. We've "compromised" (read: I've gotten my way) since we've been married and used artificial...eventually we'll try a real one.
3. When do you put up the tree? It depends. Sometimes the weekend after Thanksgiving, sometimes as late as December 15th. (As I write this we still haven't put ours up, and it's December 18th. Neither one of us are really in the mood for the tree this year though, so it's ok.)
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after the first week of January.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, I love eggnog!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?My parents were always great at picking out gifts. And they always did all they could to make sure that Santa brought everything he could from our lists. The most memorable were my dollhouse, life sized babydoll, Cabbage Patch doll, and pajamas.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Absolutely.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He's kinda particular about things he's into. And my Dad. He's near impossible to buy for.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My Mom. She enjoys a lot of the same hobbies and interests as I do, so it's always easy to buy for her!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, definitely.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't say that I've ever received a bad gift. I'm appreciative of everything someone chooses to give me.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone 1 & 2, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, The Polar Express, all the old Christmas cartoons (Rudolph, etc).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I have the money! I'll buy things here and there from about Thanksgiving on.
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Mom's cookies, pumpkin pie.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Again we have to compromise. I like colored, he likes clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, O Holy Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? The vast majority of my family lives within 35 miles of us so it's not like we really "travel".
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sure can - Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen...Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We rotate each year
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve after we get back from church, the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The commercialism. The "get get get buy buy buy" rush around and stress yourself out mindset. When they put all the Christmas stuff out right after Halloween.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I don't really have a theme. Have a lot of special ornaments...the ones my Mom made while she was pregnant with me, the ones my childhood friend made before she died, some that my stepson has made, and the yearly ornament my husband and I pick out together.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Some gift certificates for knitting supplies and yarn, gift card to the bookstore, a study Bible, and a gift certificate for a mani/pedi.
I would really like (but didn't ask for) an iPad. I don't even need the iPad 2. I'd settle for a gently used plain ol' iPad 1. But we can't afford one right now.
25. What is a family tradition you would like to pass on to your significant other / children? Baking Christmas cookies together, visiting light displays, attending the Candlelight Christmas Eve service at church, stopping at our favorite local greasy spoon diner for midnight breakfast after church, "adopting" a family through our church.