July 22, 2012

Knitting Project Updates!

I've been very lax about posting any updates on my knitting projects lately, but rest assured I DO have a couple of projects on the needles.  Shame on this knitter for not sharing!

As my best friend said recently, I am a knitter!  That is not to say "I knit".  I "AM a knitter"!

Come on, my main screen name for most websites I use is some variation of "Knitterbug".  So yes.  I wield  my sticks and yarn proudly!

Anyhoo...on to a few photos of my current WIP's (works in progress for you not familiar with the crafty jargon).

Swiffer duster covers ready to be seamed
previously made Swiffer cover
These things are wonderful!!!
I always have a pair of socks on the needles
These are simple toe up short row heel socks

My current "big" project
A top down short sleeved sweater
with lace insets.

A bad blurry picture of the lace detail.
It's gorgeous in person
 OH!  This wouldn't be complete without a picture of my most recent FO! (finished object)

This, my friends, I'm very proud of.  The very first sweater I ever made for myself!!!

click link for my Ravelry page for this project

3/4 length sleeve lacy cardigan

Close up of the lace pattern
I loved this pattern 

Project Details:

Pattern:  Hey Teach! by Helene Rush, (published in Knitty Summer 2008 online magazine)

Made for: ME!

Size: 3X

Materials: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice yarn, Gray Marble colorway purchased at Hobby Lobby
                Wooden toggle buttons purchased at Wal-Mart
                Size 10 needles (I am a tight knitter, I always have to use a needle 2 sizes bigger than called for to achieve the proper gauge).

Modifications:  I followed another Ravelry member's instructions to make the short sleeves into 3/4 length sleeves.  Added 2 inches to the length.

Overall impressions:  I loved the lace pattern!  It's very easy, but looks so difficult.  A little tricky to keep the pattern looking right when doing the armhole decreases and sleeve decreases, but eventually it worked itself out.

Would I knit this pattern again?:  Absolutely!  It was a wonderful project, not too difficult, but not boring.  (And, since I am losing weight, this one will hopefully be way too big by fall of next year so I'll HAVE to knit another one!!!)


Well, there you have it.  A random glance into my knitting bag.

What are your current projects?

1 comment:

  1. 1. The socks are lovely!

    2. I LOVE the lace panels in the short sleeved sweater, and I think you were right to go back to this deep purple.

    3. The FO is gorgeous! That lace pattern is awesome. When do I get to see it in person? And on you? I've been waiting forever to admire it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!