July 24, 2012

Try It Out Tuesday - Shower Caddy



Linking up with Kelly for Try It Out Tuesday!  She has an awesome post about DIY makeup remover AND homemade, reusable makeup remover pads.  


Today's TIOT is so quick and easy I'm almost embarrassed to post it.  It's one of those ideas that when you see it, you want to smack yourself in the head and say "Now, why didn't I think of that???"


You can find the pin on my Organizational Ideas board on Pinterest.  You can also follow me by clicking this link.  


The Idea: To move your hang-over-the-shower head caddy (if you have one) to the opposite wall of the shower so it doesn't interfere with the shower head (especially if you, like me, have a detachable sprayer shower head...that dumb hose catches that caddy every time!), and to keep the caddy and the items in it from getting so wet and mildewy.  The original pin called for a large coat hook mounted to the bathroom wall, and to hang the caddy from that.  Well...our bathroom has a shower surround thingie that sticks out too far for me to to that.  See: 
(that's not dirt...it's paint spatter)


Also, we rent this place, so I don't want to have to remove a coat hook and patch the hole when we move.  And, honestly, since I'm flat-ass-broke on a bit of a budget being that we only have one income...I didn't want to spend any money if I didn't really HAVE to.  


I then remembered that I had some 3M Command Hooks in the kitchen junk drawer!  


Ta-DAAAA!


All that was left was to hang the caddy from said command hook.  


VIOLA!!!  

Modifications:  Command hook stuck to the shower surround wall instead of a coat hook screwed into the bathroom wall.

Fail Factors:  None that I can think of.  It's pretty idiot proof.  Unless the adhesive strip fails and the caddy goes crashing to the floor of the tub in the middle of the night, thereby scaring the living daylights out of me.  I then may need to change my sheets.  :)

For The Win: This particular project didn't cost me anything.  Not one single red cent.  Except for the cost of the command hook, but since I already had it, I'm not counting that cost.
                     This project literally took five minutes to accomplish.  You can't get any more "winning" than that!


*"Try It Out Tuesday" is a blog hop (or blog party) created by 3 friends, and is inspired by Pinterest. We choose one, sometimes two "pins" (if you want to be labeled an overachiever, just sayin') per week, try them out, and review them on our blogs. Anyone can join in, just leave the link to your Try It Out Tuesday post in the comments and we'll add you to the list! C'mon, Try It Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!