October 9, 2012

Where I've been, and then some...

It's been so long since I've posted, I don't even know where to begin.  So, here's the past couple of months in brief.  All of these items are worthy of posts of their own, and will be eventually revisited, I just don't have the energy right now.  It's been a long few months.

~Matt graduated!  YAY!

~Matt had a job interview last week that went extremely well!  YAY!!! (PLEASE pray that God's will be done in regards to his employment...it's been a long time that I've been the only income and we could really use a break!)

~My Godmother was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer.  She had a lumpectomy and radiation and has been declared "cancer-free".  YAY YAY YAY!!!

~Mid-late September was another unfulfilled due date of one of our babies we lost.  To say it's been hard is an understatement, especially with events like this occurring. (This is a post in and of itself, sitting in my drafts folder because I'm still processing and dealing with it).  I miss my babies so damn much.

~I've been planning to get a tattoo to honor my lost babies, but I haven't been able to afford it.  I have the perfect design picked out, just waiting now to be able to swing the extra funds.  One of the first things I thought of when I learned of my lost babies was getting a tattoo.  To me, it's a tangible reminder of what I never thought would happen.  We were pregnant.  Then we weren't.  I have nothing from my babies, no tests or ultrasound pics.  Nothing.  Just the knowledge that they were briefly a part of me.  Now, almost a year later, I still have yet to get it done.  It's irritating that everything hinges on money, especially knowing that it's something as frivolous as a tattoo...but this tattoo is incredibly important to me.  I don't expect people to understand.

~A friend from work (my supervisor, actually) is in a medically induced coma fighting for her life after a series of strokes and seizures.  I don't have more details, I just know I'm scared to death that we are going to lose her.  She is a wonderful woman, and a great friend.  She has been a huge support to me through many trials and I can't imagine work (or life in general) without her in it.  Please pray for her and her family.

~My 20 year high school reunion was this year.  I wasn't able to go due to working, but from the Facebook pictures and posts, it was a great time!

~My best friend is pregnant again after a miscarriage last December.  She is due on Christmas Day!  YAY!!!  Her pregnancy has stirred up a lot of mixed emotions for me, especially recently with the passing of one of our due dates, but I truly am thrilled for her.  How can I not be, she's carrying my Godchild!

~Shortly after the reunion, I found out one of my high school friends whom I've recently gotten back in touch with was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer as well.  Knowing the outcome of my Godmother's cancer, I was optimistic that hers would be similar.  It hasn't.  During her lumpectomy on Friday the surgeons discovered that the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes and probably to the bloodstream.  They are now planning aggressive chemo and radiation.  To say we are all gutted is an understatement.  She is one of the sweetest people you'd ever dream of meeting, and to imagine the horror she is going through right now just blows my mind.  Please also pray for her and her family.

~It's FALL!!!  HUGE YAY!!!

~My baby cousin (ok, he's almost 30 and towers over me...but he's like my baby brother!) is getting married this Friday, to an adorable and delightfully sweet woman.  I am so excited for them!  Their wedding is going to be at a winery and I'm looking forward to gettin' some wine on and celebrating the nuptials!

~I'm sure I've forgotten a lot, but I'm nursing a migraine right now so this will have to do.  Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still here, still kicking up trouble.  I'll be back soon for some more respectable and proper posts...when I find the energy!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are back! Sending lots of prayers in lots of directions after reading your post. Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!