November 2, 2010

NaBloPoMo Day 2: Two Wolves

I came across this on a blog I visit, and it really struck a nerve in me. I felt compelled to share it.

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on
inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all."

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed,
arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride,
superiority, and ego."

"The other is God - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility,
kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,

"Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied,

"The one you feed."


(author unknown)


Which do YOU feed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!