November 6, 2010

Thank you and some clarification



Thank you very much for visiting and commenting. I truly appreciate the support. 

I do, however, feel that I need to clarify a few things brought up in the comments. If you have read my blog for a while, you will remember I do have life outside of "having a baby". I do partake of many things that lift my soul. I have a very fulfilling life, filled with friends, family, and activities I enjoy...my knitting, reading, Church, and many other things. 
However I don't believe that precludes me from also expressing my longing for a child. As I said in my post, I don't often indulge these feelings, but occasionally they creep up and I need to express them. Most of the time I am able to cope with them, they don't always crop up on a daily basis anymore. But no matter how happy I am with the other aspects of my life, there will always be a little piece missing, a hint of emptiness that can only be filled by being a mother. 

Ask ANY mother if when her children aren't with her if she is aware of their absence. Undoubtedly her answer is yes. Well, I feel the absence of my children too. The only difference is that MINE...haven't been born yet. 

There are times these feelings come to the surface and I express them here. That doesn't mean I'm ungrateful for the other blessings in my life. Just the opposite. I'm extremely grateful for what I've been given.  I am beyond the moon grateful for my husband, my parents, my sister, my stepson, my extended family, my best friend, all my other friends who are like family, my job, my relatively good health, everything I have worked for and have been blessed with in my life. I thank God everyday for my blessings.  

The only thing I wish is that I could have children for my husband and I (and the rest of my family and friends) to share those blessings with.  Fertile people seem to be allowed to express this wish, and I believe I have that right at well. I'm not whining and moaning, I'm simply stating how I've been feeling lately.  

I don't want this to come off as being ungrateful for the comments left here, because I'm not. I'm just clarifying a bit. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, maybe your post was related to my comment. I didn't mean it that way, that you don't have a life outside of wanting a baby. I probably did start giving advise before I read your blog. I was relating to you in and I've been there and still go through that also...feeling overwhelmed. My heart goes out to you in that place not that I know how you feel, as we all have our different journeys. My prayers are with you. Hope you have a chance to read my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more. When it is something as fundamental as being a parent, there is certainly something missing from life. I find that this does mean that I am not happy about other things in my life, but I still know that something is missing.
    I am really glad that I found your blog and look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!