June 29, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday - Tree of Life

 
My sweet friend Suzy has created a new blog hop titled "Treasure Chest Thursday".  Go check check out the details here and then come back and enjoy my first ever Etsy Treasury!  If you want to join in, add yourself to the link at the bottom of Suzy's current post.

I decided to create my first treasury on the Tree of Life.  There are many interpretations of the symbolism of the Tree of Life, but one of my favorites describes it as a symbol of God's love for His creation (us).  The roots of a tree grow downward into the earth, just as God sends His love for us down to earth in His son Jesus Christ (John 3:16).  That Love then nourishes us to grow strong in His Word (Luke 8: 1-15), depicted by the trunk of the tree.  We then become the branches, growing higher and reaching toward God in praise (Psalm 63:4).  Some depictions of the Tree of Life show the branches and roots growing together, in a circular pattern of love, growth, and praise.  I love the thought of that, don't you?

The first six of these are my favorites, but I truly love them all!  Enjoy!


'Tree of Life' by WednesdayNightKnits



Custom Order Listing Ra...
$30.00

Tree Of Life Pendant, W...
$14.45

Colorful Tree of Life S...
$5.00

The Wire Tiny Tree of L...
$62.00

Silver Locket Necklace ...
$24.00

Tree of Life Memory Box...
$65.00

Brass Tree Locket, Tree...
$23.00

Birthstone necklace, St...
$48.00

Tree of Life Fingerless...
$1.99

The Petite Jade Tear Dr...
$39.00

Tree of life ring. Wire...
$14.49

Gold Tree of Life Frien...
$15.99

Custom Hand Stamped Fam...
$42.00

Tree of Life Quilt - Cu...
$250.00

Tree of Life Felted Bag...
$2.99

Autumn Tree of Life bag
$30.00

Treasury tool supported by the dog house

Don't forget to head over to Suzy's and check out her treasuries too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and insight with me, for being a part of my journey on The Road, and for allowing me to be a part of yours...come back soon!